My favorite breakfast is oatmeal, it’s just so filling and satisfying. It’s without a doubt the breakfast that keeps me full for the longest, and an added bonus: it’s healthy! I know a lot of people might dread oatmeal because it’s so boring and plain, and I used to be one of those people. I didn’t really like the taste of it, as well as I never seemed to get it right. I am here today though, to tell you how you can make the perfect oatmeal, that tastes both creamy and delicious! It’s all about how you make it. Of course.
The first secret I am going to tell you is to process your oats in the blender, so that it’ll become more of a chunky flour. You can make it as fine as you’d like, but I personally like it to be a little chunky. The reason this makes such a huge different is because it makes the oatmeal a lot creamier. And it’s still just as healthy, it’s still oats, you’ve just made them into more finer pieces. Sounds like a hassle? not at all! instead of blending the oats every time you’re making oatmeal, blend up a big batch at once and store in a container. That way you will have it easily accessible whenever you can yourself a bowl of oatmeal!
Then on to the process of actually making the oatmeal. Here’s the ingredients I use. (I also use water, but I didn’t bother to add it in the photo)
- 1dl oats, I muse quick oats
- 2dl Water
- 1 Banana
- A little bit of plant-based milk (way better for your health)
- A dash of cinnamon (of course)
- I add the oats (more of the chunky oat-flour) to the bowl that I’m gonna use, and add twice the amount of water. I like to cook mine in the microwave because it’s a lot faster, but you can cook it one the stove if you’d like. I cook it in the microwave for about 1,5 minutes.
- While the oats are cooking, I slice the banana in half. Here come secret number 2! I then mash one of the half until it becomes a smooth banana-mash. It might not look too appetizing, but I am going to add this to the oatmeal after it’s been in the microwave for 1,5 minutes. Mix this really well so it’s evenly distributed in the oatmeal. this will make it even creamier and sweeter! It’s a natural way to sweetened the oatmeal! The other half of the banana i slice into pieces and use as topping.
- After I’ve added the banana-mash into the oatmeal I usually let it cook for another 30 second. Lastly, I add a tiny bit of the plant-based milk I’m using to make it taste even more delicious and creamy.
- Lastly, I add my toppings. I use the other half of my banana, a good dash of cinnamon (love this stuff!) and a little bit of coconut shreds. The toppings may vary, like today I added some chia seeds as well, because they’re a great source to omega 3.
You can top it off with whatever fruits of berries you’d like, the possibilities are endless! Trust me, oatmeal is not boring!
Let me know if you’ve tried this or have any other suggestions!